Once again, the chance is here for talented young South Africans to show their intelligence via an upcoming program the focuses on empowering the youths in South Africa. on this page, we have provided all the needed information for you to partake in the program. special thanks to our hard-working team.
The YouthStartCT Challenge is a start-up programme which aims to contribute to skills development and innovation, as well as encouraging entrepreneurship in Cape Town. They want you to share your best entrepreneurial ideas for boosting employment in your local community. In exchange, they will provide training and development opportunities for start-ups and the overall winner will be given the chance to partner with the City on projects that benefit jobseekers and provide long-term employment opportunities.
How are winners selected?
- The top 100 entrants will be notified by email by Saturday, 25 May 20121 and will be offered training and mentoring workshops to further develop their ideas.
- They will be required to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges between Wednesday, 29 May – Saturday, 22 June and a number of entries will be eliminated from the competition each week.
- The winner, alongside two finalists, will be announced at a gala dinner on Tuesday, 25 June.
How can one Qualify to partake in the Challenge?
- The competition is open to all South African citizens who are in possession of a valid identity document.
- All participants must be aged between 18 – 35 years old. Proof of identity and age will be required.
Criteria For selecting winners
All entry will be reviewed according to the following criteria
- Hydroponics business ideas (growing plants and herbs that do not rely on water or soil)
- Mobile application development (using technology to help prevent online scams and theft of personal information)
- Social development business ideas (upliftment projects that can increase employment and upskill local talent)
- Water-saving business ideas (innovative ways to preserve Cape Town’s water supply).
How can you join the program?
Create a three-minute video explaining your idea, with as much detail as possible. Upload the video to a public video platform such as YouTube. Make sure you note down the URL as you will need to include it in your entry form.
About YouthStartCT Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021/2022
The YouthStartCT Challenge aims to contribute to skills development and innovation, as well as encourage entrepreneurship in Cape Town. Through the competition, the City of Cape Town provides training and development opportunities for startups. The overall winner will get a chance to partner with the city on projects that benefit job-seekers and provide long-term employment opportunities. This year’s edition offered the top 100 entrants training and mentorship workshops. Other prizes on offer this year included customised business support and development for the top 10 winners as well as cellphones, tablets and data.
For more information,
Visit all our platforms and subscribe to our newsletter, we will be happy to hear from you. let’s know your suggestions, corrections and all issues with this publication at the comment section. we are ever ready to respond to all your questions and provide you with the needed guidance on taking your tertiary education to the next level.